Sitara Hewitt(born 27 December 1981) is a talented Canadian television and film actress. She was raised in Elora, Ontario, Canada. She is also known as Tara Hewitt which is her stage name. She is known across America as the Spokesperson for Hughesnet Internet. Other than being an actress, she is also a wellness expert and owns a Meditation Company. She has also hosted many TV shows. She is known for her hard work and dedication to bring out the best for her audiences.
Sitara Hewitt Biography
Table of Contents
|Debut||Little Mosque on the Prairie(2007)|
|Height||5’6″ or 1.67m or 167.6 cm|
|Weight||63 kg or 138 lbs|
|Date of Birth||27 December, 1981|
|College/University||Wilfrid Laurier University|
|Educational Qualifications||Not known|
Early life and Background
Sitara Hewitt was born in Elora, Ontario, Canada. She is professionally known as Tara Hewitt and is of Pakistani origin. Her father, namely Kenneth Hewitt is of Welsh descent and her mother named, Farida Hewitt is of Pakistani descent. Her parents are professors at Wilfrid Laurier University. Sitara spent her childhood days living in the Himalayan mountains, specifically in the Hunza Valley of Gilgit-Baltistan as at that time her parents had to do academic field research on both the glaciers and in the small villages located in the valleys. She is fluent in three languages including Urdu, Hindi and English and semi-fluent in Balti. Sitara is a Christian as both of her parents are Anglican Christians.
Sitara Hewitt was married to American fitness expert and an actor named Jessie Pavelka. They were in love and finally decided to get married in 2008. They have a son named Rowan, who was born in 2010. Pavelka and Hewitt separated in 2015 due to certain circumstances and divorced in late 2016. They co-parent their son together and are still friends. After getting divorced, she didn’t get into any romantic relationship. There are no further details about her romantic life on social media either.
Sitara Hewitt performing career began in dance as she is trained in classical ballet, hip hop, jazz and modern, with dance roles in productions like Deepa Mehta’s Bollywood/Hollywood (2002). Sitara starred on CBC Television’s Little Mosque on the Prairie as Dr Rayyan Hamoudi for six seasons. She was starred in CBS’s The Young and the Restless as well as on All Rise.
She played the lead in several Hallmark Movies as well. She is a model as well and has appeared in countless magazines in North America. Sitara has also hosted shows like “Playtime” on Sportsnet and “Double Down” on Global. She was also a co-host on the Comedy Network’s Jeopardy-style pop-culture game show called You Bet Your Ass. Apart from that, she owns a Mediation company and is also a wellness expert. She is a spectacular person with diverse interests.
- The Michael Jackson Magical Moon tour in 2019 as Eve Zarifa
- Past Malice: An Emma Fielding Mystery in 2018 as Adelle Fisher
- Site Unseen: An Emma Fielding Mystery in 2017 as Adelle
- The Fusion Generation in 2019 as Teejay Sahota
- Torment in 2013 as Deputy
- Bolly Double in 2006 as Cham Cham
- Fragile in 2005 as Zahra(short film)
- Sohni Sapna in 2005 as Evil sister(short drama)
- Code in 2003 as Sara(short film)
- Bollywood/Hollywood in 2002 as Dancer
- The Young and The Restless in 2018 as Hellen Wallace
- Criminal Minds in 2017 as Billie Williams
- Dirty John in 2018 as Casey
- Hudson and Rex in 2020 as Vanessa
- All Rise in 2019 as Priya Chavan
- Escape the Night in 2017 as Blue Harpy
- Cracked in 2013 as Juvina Kapoor
- Little Mosque on the Prairie in 2007-2012 as Rayyan
- Lost girl in 2011 as Lita
- You Bet Your Ass in 2006 as Co-host
- My Crazy Sex in 2017 as Sara
Lesser known facts
- Sitara is developing a lifestyle brand at the moment.
- Her parents are fans of Little Mosque on the Prairie.
- She loves Little India Bazaar in Canada.
- Many of her friends and relatives in Pakistan are Muslims, she loves celebrating Eid with her friends.
- She stayed fit before and during my pregnancy with gentle exercise and nourishing foods.
- She had always been in the performing arts as a dancer since childhood and a singer later in life.