Grace Van Dien, an American actress and social media personality, has made a name for herself with her diverse roles in film and television. Notably, she portrayed Brooke Osmond in the Netflix teen drama series “Greenhouse Academy” (2017) and Katie Campbell in the NBC drama series “The Village” (2019).
Grace also demonstrated her acting versatility by taking on the challenging role of Sharon Tate in the Mary Harron-directed film “Charlie Says” (2018) and appearing as Chrissy Cunningham in “Stranger Things” (2022). Beyond her acting career, she engages with her audience on the streaming platform Twitch under the username ‘BlueFille,’ adding another dimension to her online presence.
Grace Van Dien Biography
Table of Contents
|Grace Van Dien
|I Married A Princess (2005)
|5’5” or 1.67m or 167cm
|54kg or 119lbs
|Chest- 34 inches Waist- 27 inches Hip- 34 inches
|Date of Birth
|October 15, 1996 (27 years as of 2023)
|LA, California, USA
|LA, California, USA
|Casper Van Dien
|Cappy Van Dien
|Maya Van Dien, Celeste Van Dien, India Oxenberg (All 3 are step-sisters)
|$1 million (approx.)
Grace Van Dien Early life and Background
Grace Van Dien was born and raised in Los Angeles, California. She comes from a family deeply rooted in the entertainment industry, as the daughter of actors Casper Van Dien and Carrie Mitchum. Moreover, she carries a significant Hollywood legacy, being the great-granddaughter of the Golden Age star Robert Mitchum. Grace also has one older brother and two half-sisters, and she once had actress Catherine Oxenberg as her stepmother. In terms of her ancestry, Grace Van Dien has a diverse heritage that includes Dutch, Swedish, French, and English roots on her father’s side.
Grace Van Dien is Bisexual. She’s dating Chris O’Neil.
Grace Van Dien Personal favourites
Grace Van Dien’s journey in the entertainment industry has been marked by a variety of experiences. In 2005, she and her family were featured in the reality series “I Married a Princess,” which aired on the Lifetime Television channel in the United States. Early on, Grace took on small roles in her father’s films during her childhood. Originally aspiring to become a writer, she eventually discovered her passion for acting while working on “Sleeping Beauty” (2014).
Between 2015 and 2017, Grace appeared in numerous television films, independent films, and made guest appearances on TV series like “Code Black” and “White Famous.” Her breakthrough came with her first major television role as Brooke Osmond in the Netflix teen drama series “Greenhouse Academy,” a character she portrayed in the show’s initial two seasons from 2017 to 2019.
In 2018, she took on the challenging role of Sharon Tate in the biographical film “Charlie Says,” which premiered at the 75th Venice International Film Festival. Subsequently, in 2019, Grace Van Dien was cast in the starring role of Katie Campbell in the NBC drama series “The Village,” though the series was canceled after one season.
Her career continued to ascend in 2022 when she guest-starred in the fourth season of the hit Netflix series “Stranger Things,” portraying Chrissy Cunningham, a popular yet troubled cheerleader at Hawkins High School, garnering international attention for her performance. In 2023, Grace signed with the talent agency WME, marking another milestone in her evolving career.
- Sleeping Beauty as Princess Dawn
- San Andreas Quake as Ali
- Fire Twister as Girlfriend
- Leap as Tara Holloway
- Storage Locker 181 as Grace
- Bad Twin as Olivia/Quinn
- Patient Seven as Patient Five (Jessa)
- Awaken the Shadowman as Samantha
- Charlie Says as Sharon Tate
- Riding Faith as Grace
- Lady Driver as Ellie Lansing
- The Binge as Lena
- V for Vengeance as Scarlett
- What Comes Around as Anna
- I Married a Princess as Herself
- The Dog Who Saved Christmas Vacation as Randy’s Daughter
- Code Black
- Max as Ruby
- The Bad Twin as Olivia / Quinn
- Escaping Dad as Amy
- White Famous as Ryann
- Greenhouse Academy as Brooke Osmond
- The Village as Katie Campbell
- What Just Happened??! with Fred Savage as Tori
- The Rookie as Olivia
- Immoral Compass as Tally
- Stranger Things as Chrissy Cunningham
- Grace comes from a family deeply immersed in the entertainment industry, with both of her parents, Casper Van Dien and Carrie Mitchum, being actors. Additionally, she is the great-granddaughter of the iconic Hollywood Golden Age star Robert Mitchum.
- Grace and her family were featured in the reality series “I Married a Princess” in 2005, which offered a unique glimpse into their lives.
- Although she initially had aspirations of becoming a writer, Grace’s passion for acting was ignited during the filming of “Sleeping Beauty” in 2014, which ultimately steered her towards an acting career.
- Before gaining prominence, she appeared in various television films, independent films, and had guest-starring roles in TV series, showcasing her versatility and commitment to her craft.
- Her breakout role came when she played Brooke Osmond in the Netflix teen drama series “Greenhouse Academy,” a role she portrayed for the first two seasons, establishing her presence in the streaming world.
- Grace’s portrayal of Sharon Tate in the biographical film “Charlie Says” (2018) at the Venice International Film Festival demonstrated her willingness to take on demanding and notable roles.
- She was cast as Katie Campbell in the NBC drama series “The Village,” which, unfortunately, was canceled after just one season.
- Grace gained international recognition for her role as Chrissy Cunningham in the fourth season of the popular Netflix series “Stranger Things” (2022), showcasing her ability to tackle diverse characters.
- In 2023, she signed with the renowned talent agency WME, a significant milestone in her burgeoning career, indicating her future potential and opportunities in the entertainment industry.