Persia Jessica White ( born on 25th October 1972 ) is am American actress, singer and musician who is best known for he role on the sitcom “Girlfriends” as Lynn Searcy which aired from 2000 to 2008. She is also the member of the Industrial Rock band named “XEO3″. Other than that she is also a solo singer and released her debut album “Mecca” in 2009.
Persia Jessica White Actress, Biography
|Name||Persia Jessica White|
|Profession||Actress, singer and musician|
|Debut||Blue Chips in 1994 ( Film, uncredited role ) and NYPD Blue in 1996|
|Date of birth||25th October 1972 ( 47 years as of 2020)|
|Place of Birth||Miami, Florida, United States of America|
|Hometown||Bahamas, United States of America|
|Residence||Los Angeles, California, United States of America|
|School||Name not known|
|College/University||Name not known|
|Theatre||Miami Coconut Grove Children’s Theatre|
|Cards||Screen Actors Guild Card|
|Height||173cm or 1.73m or 5’8”|
|Weight||56kg or 124lbs.|
|Dress size||4 US|
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Father||Name not known ( Bahamian descent )|
|Mother||Name not known ( Irish American descent )|
|Siblings||Names not known ( 3 siblings )|
|Affairs||Saul Williams ( m. 2008 ; div. 2009 )|
|Spouse||Joseph Morgan ( m. 2014 – Present )|
|Marriage date||5th July 2014|
|Marriage venue||Ocho, Jamaica|
|Daughter||Mecca White ( born in 1995 )|
|Net worth||USD $700 thousand|
|Hobbies||Acting an singing|
Early life and Background
Persia Jessica White was born in Miami, Florida, the United States of America to a Bahamian father and Irish- American mother. She spent her childhood days in the Bahamas. She has three siblings. They later shifted to Miami when her father was paralyzed in a car accident in order to get better medical facilities. Afterwards, two years later her mother along with her and her siblings moved to South Florida.
She was extremely interested in singing, dancing and acting as a child and learnt them as well. She joined the Miami Coconut Grove Children’s Theatre. After high school, she signed with the Ford Agency and obtained her Screen Actors Guild Card. After completion of her high school, she moves to Los Angeles, California, United States of America in order to pursue a career further in acting. She is vegan in her food habit.
Persia Jessica White engaged her boyfriend of five years, singer Saul Williams on 29th February 2008. She met Saul in 2003 when he made a guest appearance on the Television show “Girlfriends”.
However their marriage did not turn out successful and on 17th January 2009, the actor announces via her Myspace blog that she and Saul were no longer together. In 2010 she started dating her Vampire Diaries co-star Joseph Morgan and in 5th July 2014, the couple married in a private ceremony in Ochoa Rios, Jamaica, United States of America. In 1994 she became pregnant at the age of 22 with Mecca White. The name of the Father is not known but it can be assumed that they are not in contact with Mecca’s father.
|Actress||Jill Marie Jones and Golden Brooks|
|Actor||Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hanks|
|Colour||Black and brown|
|TV Show||Girlfriends and Originals|
Persia has been cast in a number of films including Red Letters opposite of Peter Coyote and the cult horror film titled Blood Dolls. She has starred in the television movie called Operation Sandman opposite of Ron Perlman and in Suddenly opposite Kirstie Alley. Her television portrayal includes guest-starring roles in Angel, NYPD Blue, The Steve Harvey Show, Brooklyn South and Buffy The Vampire Slayer. She had appeared as a series regular role on the Breaker High with co-star Ryan Gosling & Hit TV Series Girlfriends as Lynn.
In 2008, she appeared in the role of Dawn in The Fall of Night. She also appeared in Chrisette Michele’s video titled Be OK. She has also appeared in a semi recurring role as Bonnie’s mother on The Vampire Diaries. In 2019, she appeared with her Girlfriends co-stars Tracee Ellis Ross, Jill Marie Jones and Golden Brooks in an episode of ABC comedy series Black-ish.
Other than acting, White had also co-produced the award-winning documentary “ Earthlings “ which is narrated by Joaquin Phoenix. She is also a philanthropist. She is an animal rights advocate and environmentalist. She was honoured by PETA in 2005 as Humanitarian of The Year. She is also the board member of the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society.
- Blue Chips in 1994 as an uncredited character
- Frankie D. In 1996
- Blood Dolls in 1999 as Black Baby
- Stalled in 2000 as Leanne
- Red Letters in 2000 as Vanessa Cody
- The Fall of Night in 2007 as Dawn
- Spoken Word in 2009 as Shea
- Kiss the Bride in 2011 as Trina
- Mafia in 2011 as Mel
- Dysfunctional Friends in 2012 as Trenyce
- The Marriage Chronicles in 2012 as Marcia Anson
- Guardian of Eden in 2012 as Clarke
- Black November in 2012 as Tracey
- No Mo Games in 2012 as Morgan
- Miss Me This Christmas in 2017 as Millicent Williams
- You Can’t Fight Christmas in 2017 as Millicent Williams
- Unity in 2014 ( Narrator )
- NYPD Blue in 1996 as Margie
- Malibu Shores in 1996 as Listener
- Saved by the Bell: The New Class in 1996 as Heather
- Good Behaviour in 1996 as Trish
- Suddenly in 1996 as Trina ( Television film )
- Weird Science in 1997 as Kim
- The Burning Zone in 1997 as Jenny
- Sister, sister in 1997 as Anya
- The Parent ‘Hood in 1997 as Alexia
- Buffy The Vampire Slayer in 1997 as Aura
- Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction in 1997 as Molly
- Breaker High from 1997-1998 as Denise Williams
- Brooklyn South I’m 1998 as Cinnamon
- Malcolm & Eddie in 1998 as Sharon
- The Steve Harvey Show in 1999 as Monique
- Clueless in 1999 as Veronica
- Another World in 1999 as Kineisha ‘K.C.’ Burrell
- Operation Sandman in 2000 as Private Winslow
- Girlfriends from 2000-2008 as Lynn Searcy
- Angel in 2001 as Agnes “Aggie” Belfeur
- Unscripted in 2005 as Flirty Girl
- The Vampire Diaries from 2012-2013 & 2017 as Abby Bennet Wilson
- Black-ish in 2019 as Lila
- Earthlings in 2005 ( co – narrator )
- Every day Joe in 2007 as Gina
- ALMA Award in 2008 for Outstanding Female Performance in a Comedy Television Series (Girlfriends)
Lesser known Facts
- Persia is from Bahamian, Irish and American descent.
- She has three siblings.
- In 1995, Persia gave birth to daughter Mecca White.
- She was in a relationship with singer Saul Williams for several years and also married him but got divorced one year later.
- The talented actress is best known for he role in The CW’s Girlfriends which aired from 2000-2008.
- She has co-produced the documentary called Earthlings.
- On October 31st 2009, she released her debut album called Mecca under the Hybrid Music Label. It is of Alternative, trip-hop genre.