Crystal Kung Minkoff Biography, Age, Net Worth, Height, Husband and More
Crystal Kung Minkoff, born on February 4, 1983, is a Chinese-American television personality and entrepreneur. She gained recognition as a prominent cast member on the reality television series “The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills,” a role she has held since the show’s eleventh season.
Crystal Kung Minkoff Biography
Table of Contents
|Crystal Kung Minkoff
|TV Personality, Businesswoman
|The Forbidden Kingdom (2008)
|5’5” or 1.67m or 167cm
|58kg or 127lbs
|Chest- 34 inches Waist- 27 inches Hip- 34 inches
|Date of Birth
|June 23, 1983 (40 years as of 2023)
|The University of California
|$1 million (approx.)
Crystal Kung Minkoff Early life and Background
Crystal was born in Northridge, Los Angeles, to Chinese immigrant parents. Her father worked as an oral surgeon, while her mother was a homemaker. She has a brother named Jeffrey Kung, who is renowned as a singer and recording artist in both China and Taiwan. Interestingly, Crystal Kung Minkoff claims to be a 76th generational descendant of the philosopher Confucius. She pursued her education, earning degrees in biology and history from the University of California, Irvine, and also completed culinary training, showcasing her diverse interests and talents.
she entered into marriage with American filmmaker Rob Minkoff in 2007, and together, they have been blessed with two children. In a courageous and commendable move, she has openly discussed her personal battles with bulimia nervosa and body dysmorphia. Crystal is a strong advocate for raising awareness about eating disorders, shedding light on these important issues and providing support to those who may be facing similar challenges.
Crystal is known for her entrepreneurial ventures, including co-founding Real Coco, a company specializing in coconut products, alongside her brother. She made her debut as a cast member on “The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” in 2021 and has continued to be a mainstay on the show for three seasons. Notably, she holds the distinction of being the first Asian-American cast member in the Beverly Hills franchise.
In 2022, Crystal Kung Minkoff expanded her repertoire by lending her voice to the character Charisma in “Zootopia+,” an animated series, alongside fellow Real Housewives alum Porsha Williams. Additionally, in 2023, she made a guest appearance in “History of the World, Part II.“
Crystal actively uses her social media platforms to engage with her audience, sharing cooking videos, and advocating for causes close to her heart, including the Alzheimer’s Association and the Stop Asian Hate movement.
In 2022, it was reported that Crystal was compensated by the Chinese government, though the specific amount remains undisclosed, to promote the 2022 Beijing Olympics on her social media, showcasing her influence and reach as a public figure.
- The Forbidden Kingdom (2008)
- Flypaper (2011)
- The Real Housewives of Victory: Don’t Worry Darling (2022).
- Crystal’s husband, Rob Minkoff, is of Jewish-American heritage and has a notable age difference of 20 years with his wife. He pursued his education at the California Institute of the Arts.
- In terms of her extended family, Crystal’s late father-in-law was named Jack Robert Minkoff (1922–1998), and her mother-in-law is Tola Fay Stebel.
- Following her appearance on the reality TV show, Crystal Kung Minkoff experienced a significant surge in her Instagram following, which quickly grew to over 92.4 thousand followers within a matter of days, and it continues to grow steadily.
- One of Crystal’s passions is cooking, and she often shares her culinary creations and recipes with her followers. She uses her Instagram platform to entertain her audience by showcasing her luxurious lifestyle.
- Cooking remains one of her favorite hobbies, and she derives immense enjoyment from it. She frequently treats her followers to her delectable recipes through IGTV videos, engaging them with her culinary talents and creations.