Jimmy Graham (born 24th November 1986) is a professional football player and plays for the Chicago Bears of the National Football League (NFL). He was born and raised in Goldsboro, North Carolina, US. He plays at the tight end position. Graham was considered one of the best top tight end prospects for the 2010 NFL Draft. He also played 13 games of college football at the University of Miami.
Jimmy Graham Biography
|Debut||New Orleans Saints (2010)|
|Height||6’6” or 2.01 m or 201 cm|
|Weight||120 kg or 265 lbs|
|Body Measurements||Chest: 42 inchesWaist: 32 inches Bicep: 16 inches|
|Date of Birth||24th November, 1986 (34 years old in 2020)|
|Birthplace||Goldsboro, North Caroline, US|
|Hometown||Goldsboro, North Caroline, US|
|School||Name Not known|
|College/University||University of Miami|
|Educational Qualifications||Graduate in marketing and management|
|Father||Name Not Known|
|Eye colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair colour||Dark Brown|
|Net Worth||$12 million (approx.)|
|Hobbies||Listening to music, basketball, jogging|
Early life and Background
Jimmy had a very difficult childhood. At the age of 11, Graham was placed in a group home where he was physically abused by older children. He was taken in by a church youth counsellor in High school. His grades were improved, became a basketball star in his senior year of high school and got a basketball scholarship from the University of Miami. He played basketball for the Miami Hurricanes men’s basketball team from the year 2005 to the year 2009. He graduated from the University of Miami doing a double major in marketing and management. He was honoured at his 2009 graduation ceremony by President Donna Shalala. He stayed at Miami to take graduate classes while playing a season of football.
Quotes by the artist
- Every one tells me that I’m a pretty fast eater.
- I got into college, and a gentleman gave me a ride in a plane, and he flipped it upside down so we’re inverted flying, like it was nothing, and from that moment forward, I fell in love with it
- Later in life, I’d like to end up doing air races.
- I love my body.
- In my life, there have been a lot of people who weren’t there for me, so to now have people counting on me is awesome.
- In football, you have to look out for yourself and know when that ride is over. That extra inch after you’ve already got the first down – what’s that going to get you? Not much
- It can get pretty hectic in New Orleans whenever I go shopping. So, I’ll fly to Houston, buy my groceries, and then come back – nobody cares there because I’m not J.J. Watt
- Just because somebody is blood-related doesn’t make them family.
- The first four years of my career, I never complained. I never demanded. I never said anything about money.
- When I was a kid, I used to think about what my worth was.
- New Orleans has these older orange lightbulbs, which are really gorgeous. But the main thing that stands out is actually the Superdome.
Many fans are still wondering who their favourite NFL star is dating but he has kept his personal life and love affairs in the shade. He hasn’t gone public about any of his relationships. From the sources, we have found out that nobody has been linked to the tight end professional athlete. He is currently focusing on his career and aims to achieve better in life at every step.
|Football Player||Tom Brady, Walter Payton|
|Club||Green Bay Packers|
Jimmy Graham signed a 4-year contract on July 28, 2010, with New Orleans when he was drafted in the third round of the 2010 NFL Draft with the 95th overall selection. He was selected to appear in his first Pro Bowl in 2011 as a starter. Graham surpassed Kellen Winslow’s NFL record of 1,290 receiving yards in a season by a tight end in the saint’s week 17 win over the Caroline Panthers. He set a Saints single-season record for a receiver with 99 receptions by leading all tight ends in the NFL. He received 11 touchdowns and tied the Saint single-season record.
Jimmy also received the team’s Ed Block Courage Award in 2011 given to players who overcome adversity. Jimmy was traded to Seattle Seahawks on March 2015. He set the franchise record for the most receiving yards, most receptions, receiving touchdowns at the tight end position in only 3 years. He played the 2018 and 2019 seasons with the Green Bay Packers and signed a two-year deal with the Chicago Bears in March of 2020.
- New Orleans Saints from 2010 to 2014
- Seattle Seahawks from 2015 to 2017
- Green Bay Packers from 2018 to 2019
- Chicago Bears from 2020 to present
- 5× Pro Bowl in 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016, and 2017
- First-team All-Pro in 2013
- Second-team All-Pro in 2011
- NFL receiving touchdowns leader in 2013
Lesser known Facts
- Jimmy has supported the military often with his community work.
- He has never won a Super Bowl.
- Jimmy claimed the Seahawks’ franchise record for 18 touchdown reception by a tight end.
- He only played one season at tight end in the University of Miami and four years as a basketball player.
- He had a record-setting run with the Saints.
- He played in Seattle for three seasons.
- He has overcome a lot as a child.