Ellen Torii Tamaki (born on 5th July 1992) in Brooklyn, New York, USA is a Japanese-American actress who is best known for portraying Niko Hamada in the CW’s famous drama fantasy TV series Charmed. She is currently portraying the roles of Drea Mikami in NBC’s drama mystery Manifest and Lisa in Die Trying.
Ellen Tamaki Actress, Age, Biography, Wiki
|Name||Ellen Torii Tamaki|
|Debut||Searching for Sally Mae, in 2015, as Frankie (Movie)|
|Height||5’6″ or 1.68 m or 168 cm|
|Weight||55 Kg or 121.25 lbs.|
|Date of Birth||5th July, 1992 ( 28 years old in 2020)|
|Birthplace||New York City, United States of America|
|Hometown||Brooklyn, New York, USA|
|Residence||Brooklyn, New York, USA|
|College/University||London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art, 2013 Boston University College of Fine Arts, 2014|
|Mother||Name not known|
|Eye color||Dark brown|
|Boyfriend||Noah John Hanlon|
|Net Worth||$200-500k (approx.)|
|Hobbies||Reading books and Writing|
Early life and Background
Ellen Tamaki was born in Brooklyn, New York, United States of America to a Japanese American family. She holds dual nationality of American and Japanese. She belongs to Asian ethnicity.
Her father’s name is Drew Tamaki. She has two siblings, brother Evan Tamaki and Sister Anna Midori. Ellen grew up with her siblings in New York City. She pursued acting from London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art and graduated in 2013.
During her time in London, she had many theatre appearances. The ones that she has mentioned were of Caska in Julius Caesar and as lady Anne in Richard lll. After graduating from London she joined Boston University College of Fine Arts in 2014 and enrolled in BFA course.
Ellen Tamaki has had at least four relationships in the past. She was rumoured to be linked with her best friend Zak Martellucci, she had also mentioned him as her ‘other half’ through her Instagram post in the past, but this rumour ended when it was revealed that Zak has a girlfriend and he’s happy with her.
Ellen Tamaki is currently in a relationship with her long time boyfriend Noah Jon Hanlon. She posts a lot of pictures with him on her social media and keeps her fans updated with her personal life. This couple is not yet married but their relationship looks promising and strong.
Tamaki started doing many short film projects after her graduation, but her professional career started in 2015 when she got the role of Frankie in a short comedy film Searching for Sally Mae. In 2016, She got the opportunity to portray Barista in her first full movie The Drowning. The same year she also did a short movie Reltilia playing as Tina.
In 2017, She did a TV movie The Holdouts acting as Lisa and a Short Film Valentina, like Debbie. After her splendid performances in those movies, she caught the attention of the entertainment world and started getting big offers to cast in many famous titles. In 2018, She got four projects, two of which were films and the other two were Television series.
She portrayed Taylor in We Only Know So Much, CNA Nguyen in The Procedure (Short Film). She was in the cast of TV show Dichos and TV fantasy drama series Charmed in which she portrayed Niko Hamada, who is a private investigator whose life was altered by the Charmed Ones.
In 2019, she played the role of Valerie in Inez & Doug & Kira. Next year in 2020 she got the roles of Drea Mikami in NBC’s drama mystery show Manifest and of Lisa in Die Trying.
- Searching for Sally Mae, in 2015, as Frankie
- The Drowning, in 2016, as Barista
- Reltilia, in 2016, as Tina (Short Film)
- Valentina, in 2017, as Debbie (Short Film)
- We Only Know So Much, in 2018, as Taylor
- The Procedure, in 2018, as CNA Nguyen (Short film)
- Inez & Doug & Kira, in 2019, as Valerie
- The Holdouts, in 2017, as Lisa (TV Movie)
- Dichos, in 2018
- Charmed, 2018-19, as Niko Hamada
- Manifest, in 2020, as Drea Mikami
- Die Trying, in 2020, as Lisa
- Ellen has a very strong relationship with her siblings Evan Tamaki and Anna Midori.
- She has over fifteen-thousand followers on her Instagram.
- The actor is extremely active in her social media accounts and loves going live to interact with her fans.
- She loves to play and watch baseball matches. She also participated in several competitions as a student during her school days.
- Ellen’s aunt, Karen Tamaki was a cheerleader for Philadelphia Eagles.